Chief Equipment Technician
The Chief Technician coordinates technical and building services at the dialysis clinic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervisory duties may be assigned.
- Assures equipment maintenance and repair is completed according to the manufacturer guidelines, AAMI standards and DCI guidelines. This includes the water treatment system, dialysis machines, reuse equipment and other equipment used in providing dialysis.
- Accountable for the training of all technical staff in the proper use and maintenance of equipment. Documents such training.
- Accountable for maintaining proper inventory, following DCI inventory guidelines.
- Assures technical staff are performing according to the facility policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and documents routine staff meetings with technical staff.
- Assures the technical area is clean and free of trash and clutter.
- Assures the physical plant is in good repair.
- Coordinates outside services as needed.Performs air quality testing according to clinic policy.
- Keeps abreast of OSHA standards and other standards. Implements and monitors compliance with standards to provide a safe workplace.
- Provides staff education in technical areas.
- Participates in on-call duties and is available in emergencies when indicated.
- Actively encourages and is an example of open communication between physicians, staff and administrator.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or biomedical applications or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; and one year related experience and/or training;
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Since this is a healthcare environment, there is the possibility of exposure to infectious / contagious diseases, needle sticks and blood and body fluids. Further information about this position’s specific work environment and exposure category will be provided during orientation. This position is classified as Category I.
DCI offers a very competitive benefits package.
DCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Dialysis Clinic, Inc
- 3 years ago - save job