Mountain West Medical Center, a 35-bed, acute-care facility, located in Toole, Utah opened in May 2002. The Women's Center has three birthing suites, four post-partum rooms, and one evaluation room. Other features of the hospital include three inpatient /outpatient OR suites, including laparoscopic, arthroscopic and laser surgery capabilities, and full endoscopic services. The facility also offers a cardiopulmonary lab, clinical lab, pathology, all-digital diagnostic radiology, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, mammography, CT, MRI, 24-hour emergency services, a four-bed ICU, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, a dialysis suite and more. MWMC is located just 33 miles Southwest of Salt Lake City.
As a member of the Hospital's senior management team, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will participate in operational decision-making processes necessary for the successful attainment of the hospital's mission in addition to maintaining an awareness of changes in healthcare matters that could have an impact on the success of the hospital.
The responsibilities of the Chief Executive Officer include, but are not limited to:
The CEO Reports directly to CHS senior management and to the hospital's Board of Directors.
- Overall operations of the acute-care facility
- Working with system management to develop and implement policies and procedures, short- and long-range goals, objectives and plans.
- Providing leadership to hospital managers, directors and officers that will enroll support, create ownership of goals, and encourage active participate in decisions that impact the hospital
- Ensuring the hospital meets necessary regulatory and compliance approvals and quality accreditations in conjunction with the hospital's Chief Nursing Officer
- Partnering with physicians who use, or will use, the hospital; taking a leadership role in the recruiting and retention of physicians
- Assisting in planning new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue
- Creating an environment that will encourage the recruiting and retention of qualified hospital employees
- Managing costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non-value costs in conjunction with the hospital's Chief Financial Officer and Chief Nursing Officer
- Developing and maintaining positive relations with community that the hospital is located as well as the community leaders
- Analyzing areas in planning, promoting and conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities
- Representing the hospital at meetings including medical staff, hospital board of director meetings as well as relevant community meetings; participates with leaders in designing and providing patient care and services
- Participating in the hospital's monthly operation reviews as well as participating in corporate office meetings as deemed necessary
The CEO will oversee multiple department heads including the hospital's Chief Financial Officer and Chief Nursing Officer.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field from an accredited institution
Master's degree required (MHA or MBA preferred)
Must have knowledge of technical and professional skills management, general principles of human resource management, labor relations and hospital economics
Minimum 4 years progressive operational experience in acute-care environment
Minimum 4 years progressive experience in physician relations or recruitment
Must be proficient in written and verbal communication skills
Must have proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, hospital staff and community
Ability to maintain confidential information concerning personal, financial, or medical matters
UT-Tooele (Salt Lake City region)
Mountain West Medical Center
Forecasted paid hours per shift
Forecasted hours per pay week
Community Health Systems - 23 months ago