The Chief Financial Office Summer Internship Program seeks to offer promising college juniors, who are interested in careers in Finance/Accounting, exposure to opportunities within Blackstone’s Chief Financial Office. The CFO Internship Program is designed to attract, develop and retain candidates who share the Finance Team’s dedication for leveraging and protecting the firm’s balance sheet to the benefit of investors, clients, shareholders and employees.
The CFO Internship is a 10-week program which provides hands-on experience in a variety of groups within Finance. Interns will have direct access to senior-level program sponsors and high-touch mentoring and development opportunities.
The training program for the CFO Internship is intended to sharpen and develop analytical and communication skills. Interns will attend a series of “Lunch and Learns” where they will gain a valuable overview of functions throughout the firm from senior-level leaders. They will participate in intensive training in finance and accounting, as well as other skills that will contribute to the success of their assignment. Interns will also have a formal mentor who will guide their day-to-day project work, as well as provide individualized career insight and support.
Interns will be placed in one group within Finance for the duration of the program. There are a variety of projects and responsibilities available, some of which include:
· Financial Planning and Analysis: Analyze, forecast and report on AUM, revenue, expenses, performance tracking and other metrics.
· Reengineering and Implementation: Manage end-to-end system implementation for new directives in both Finance and Technology. Gain advanced experience using Excel to manipulate data.
· Treasury: Report on various asset managers and provide summaries of investment decisions. Use Bloomberg to assess risk on investments.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
· Superior academic achievement, a minimum GPA of 3.5.
· Strong analytical skills
· Commitment to excellence in delivering the highest-level work product
· Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and to handle multiple projects at one time
· A self-starter, with the ability to work effectively both individually as well as part of a team; results-oriented.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
· Strong work ethic
· Personal and professional integrity of the highest order
· Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
· Degrees in Accounting or Finance preferred, but not required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Blackstone - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Throw a rock and you're bound to hit a Blackstone investment. The Blackstone Group is one of the largest private equity firms and...