Chief Financial Officer - Mountain West Medical Center (Tooele, UT)
Mountain West Medical Center, a 35-bed, acute-care facility, located in Toole, Utah opened in May 2002. The Women's Center has three birthing suites, four post-partum rooms, and one evaluation room. Other features of the hospital include three inpatient /outpatient OR suites, including laparoscopic, arthroscopic and laser surgery capabilities, and full endoscopic services. The facility also offers a cardiopulmonary lab, clinical lab, pathology, all-digital diagnostic radiology, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, mammography, CT, MRI, 24-hour emergency services, a four-bed ICU, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, a dialysis suite and more. MWMC is located just 33 miles Southwest of Salt Lake City.
As a member of the Hospital's senior management team, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will participate in the financial and functional decision-making processes necessary for the successful attainment of the hospital's mission in addition to maintaining an awareness of changes in healthcare matters that could have an impact on the success of the hospital.
The responsibilities of the CFO include, but are not limited to:
- Overall financial operations of the acute-care facility including accounting, budgetary, audits, tax and other financial planning activities within the hospital organization; including management of respective department heads
- Working with system management to develop and implement policies and procedures, short- and long-range goals, objectives and plans.
- Providing financial leadership to hospital managers, directors and officers that will supply support, create ownership of goals, and encourage active participate in decisions that impact the hospital
- Ensuring the hospital meets necessary financial regulatory and compliance requirements
- Contributing financial expertise in the planning of new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue
- Managing costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non-value costs in conjunction with the hospital's Chief Executive Officer and Chief Nursing Officer
- Analyzing areas in planning, promoting and conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities
- Representing the hospital at meetings including medical staff, hospital board of director meetings as well as relevant community meetings as needed
- Participating in the hospital's monthly operation reviews as well as participating in corporate office meetings as deemed necessary
The CFO reports directly to hospital's Chief Executive Officer.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or business related field with a minimum of 12 credit hours earned in Accounting from an accredited institution. (Master's degree preferred).
- Acute care hospital CFO level experience required.
- Minimum 5 years financial/accounting progressive managerial experience in an acute care environment required
- Recent for-profit acute care hospital CFO experience highly preferred
- Must be proficient in written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with hospital staff and community
- Ability to maintain confidential information concerning personal, financial, or medical matters
Licenses / Certifications:
UT-Tooele (Salt Lake City region)
Mountain West Medical Center
Forecasted paid hours per shift
Forecasted hours per pay week
Community Health Systems - 9 months ago