GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The CSC CFO manages the CSC accounting, accounts payable,
information systems, and internal control departments to ensure that they are providing effective and efficient
service to the operating groups and other customers, that employees are fully supported, and that the group improves
its performance. This individual manages and interprets financial and operational data to measure performance and
identify organization-wide improvement opportunities. The CFO also is responsible for ensuring all payments are
processed according to the company’s Supply Chain Operation protocols.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Supervise and coordinate the following financial services: monthly and annual closing cycles, general ledger
accounting and reconciliation, budget review, accounts payable processing, information systems and internal
• Guarantee accurate and timely preparation, processing, distribution, and retention of all financial reports and
records related to supply chain operations.
• Ensure timely completion of Supply Chain Post Close Review Guide.
• Manage and execute accounts payable consolidation efforts throughout the Division.
• Ensure consistent implementation of new accounts payable operating processes, standards, controls, and
consolidation efforts across the division.
• Work closely with hospital controllers and accounting staff to ensure continuous communication and smooth
processing of accounts payable
• Monitor key accounts payable operating statistics, to include outstanding payments and suspended vouchers, on
a weekly basis.
• Ensure adequate system of internal accounting control exists with appropriate separation of duties.
• Monitor all CSC departments and facility supply chain departments adherence to payroll policies and
• Coordinate with supply chain management, division financial personnel, and facility personnel in the creation of
capital and operating budgets.
• Prepare annual budget and analysis, review for accuracy, and submit to SCO.
• Prepare cost analysis, review expenses, and reconcile P&L accounts to ensure proper reporting of operations.
• Monitor the AP, Information Systems and Internal Control departments’ performance measures and ensure
performance meets or exceeds standards.
• Ensure that overall systems are being optimized to ensure a high level of productivity is being achieved, while
maintaining accuracy in the results.
• Select, train, motivate, and evaluate personnel to ensure quality of service and technical expertise.
• Interact with division financial resources to collect supply chain financial and performance data and ensure
accuracy of data reported by facilities.
• Interpret and report trends in performance measurement data and recommend analytical or operational changes to
maximize the supply chain organization financial and operational effectiveness and efficiency.
• Collaborate with the HCA Information Technology and Supply Chain Organization to define data collection,
data storage, and analysis systems solutions.
• Provide the SCO and Group executives with financial reports according to corporate policy.
• Provide assistance to all management staff related to the performance of financial management matters.
• Track progress against budgets by groups and teams on a periodic basis and report to SCO, Group, Division,
and Hospital executives and other area leaders.
• Work with group and team leadership to build revenue and cost models.
• Ensure compliance with government reporting requirements, including tax reports and payments.
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources.
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely.
• Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and
delivering leading quality services.
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by
consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
• Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes.
• Policies & Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required.
• Financial management - applies tools and processes to successfully manage to budget.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
• At least 5 years Accounting experience
• Minimum 2 years supervisory experience
• Experience in hospital finance operations preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending,
stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a
keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing
and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up
to 50 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times.
Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide
staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
HCA Inc - 19 months ago