Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
The University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to serve as the primary financial officer for the University of Illinois Hospital and Clinics (UI Health).
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for developing and maintaining a strategic financial plan and annual operating and capital budgets; financial analysis of new programs, acquisitions, and business development; maximizing reimbursements; preparation of the financial statements, in accordance with financial management and techniques appropriate to the health care industry; decision support and cost accounting; oversight of disbursements and receivables processes; oversight of patient admissions processes.
The Chief Financial Officer reports directly to the Associate Vice President of Hospital Operations and interacts with top management in the University of Illinois Hospital and Clinics and affiliated organizations. Contacts are maintained with outside consultants, associations, and government agencies.
Requirements include :
- Master’s degree in business administration or an equivalent discipline is required.
- A minimum of ten years of healthcare delivery system administration; diverse portfolio with hospital and large medical group; finance leadership roles.
- Certification as a public accountant is preferred.
- Knowledge of provider billing practices and understanding of healthcare reimbursement methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to operate successfully in a constantly changing, fast?pace environment.
Salary & Benefits :
For fullest consideration, please submit cover letter and resume by Monday, November 4, 2013
- The University of Illinois offers competitive benefit packages, including: vacation days, paid holidays, Floating Holidays, State University Retirement System, tuition waiver, tuition discount for dependents, and excellent medical, dental, and vision packages.
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to Job Board