*Responsible for enterprise-wide IT activities, including infrastructure, architecture, application development, business process, reengineering, communication networks, outsourcing, and computer and auxiliary operations and support.
* Responsible for all information technology functions, while being accountable for directing the information and data integrity of the enterprise and its groups. This includes all data centers, technical service centers, production scheduling functions, help desks, communication networks (voice and data), computer program development, and computer systems operations.
* Assesses the relative impact of emerging technologies on strategic business needs, and interprets their meaning to senior organization leadership team.
* Participates in overall business technology planning, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems and related to the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government¿s competitive position.
* Determines long-term, enterprise-wide information needs and develops overall strategy for systems development and hardware acquisition and integration.
* Principal advisor to the Chief Administrative Officer, Commissioners, Division Leaders/Directors, and Council on IT policy and administration related to the acquisition, deployment, and management of IT resources.
* Aligns IT risk management with enterprise-wide risk management.
* Consults with and advises local and state government officials and other user agencies to define their data processing requirements and IT needs.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in strategic planning and execution; driving innovation and enterprise business transformation; knowledge of contracting, negotiating and change management; and knowledge of IT computer systems and software. This position requires a comprehensive depth and breadth of knowledge across all aspects of information technology, as well as leadership, management, and financial principles. Must have experience with the implementation of IT integration in a large and functionally diverse organization.
* Completion of bachelor's degree in information technology, management information systems, business administration or related field, and six (6) years senior management experience managing a large organization's IT strategic plan.
* Possession of a valid driver's license.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit LFUCG electronic application through www.lexingtonky.gov with required documents to verify your education, training or certification/license(s), by filing deadline date.
For ease of review and screening, please upload a resume, when prompted, as part of the application. Education documents may also be electronically attached via hyperlink after submitting the application.
Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government offers an outstanding benefits package, i.e. voluntary benefits spending account program; three weeks vacation and three weeks sick leave per year.
Applicants must be able to perform all essential job functions, as identified in the job posting. All positions require drug testing before employment .
For further information, call, e-mail, or visit:
Division of Human Resources
200 East Main Street
Lexington, KY 40507
Phone: (859) 258-3030
Web site: www.lexingtonky.gov
Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government - 16 months ago
The LFUCG provides free mulch three times a year: April, July and October, on the second and third Saturday of the month. People can pick up...