Healdsburg District Hospital is a small rural hospital located in Northern California. The Chief Information Officer (CIO) will provide business and technology vision and leadership in the selection, implementation and support of hospital's information services. The Chief Information Officer should possess the following and preferably with experience in a California hospital campus:
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
Education Required: Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or closely related field.
Experience Required: At least 10-years of progressively responsible experience in managing employees in a California Hospital information systems environment. Experience with Federal and California State regulations as they relate to EHR, HIPAA-High Tech and other Federal/State regulatory requirements. Successful in leading as a Chief Information Officer in a hospital – emphasis on California experience.
Chief Information Officer - CIO major responsibilities include: oversight, approval, implementation, coordination and control of all projects related to the acquisition, installation and maintenance of major information systems; oversee voice and data communications; assist leadership with system- wide and community integration strategy; conduct a planning process that will regularly evaluate new and existing technology and information systems; build and drive a clinical informatics agenda; develop and enforce policy and procedures to ensure the protection of IT assets and the integrity, security, and privacy of the information entrusted to or maintained by HDH. Other responsibilities include: ensure that all information systems operate according to internal standards, external accrediting agency standards, regulatory agencies and legal requirements, including HIPAA; communicate IT plans, policies, and technology trends throughout the organization; and select, train, supervise, evaluate and dismiss, if necessary, those direct, and if required, indirect staff support.
PREFERRED POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in the deployment, management and expansion of an integrated EHR
- Masters degree
- Demonstrated ability to build and drive a clinical informatics agenda
- Computer programming experience
- Expertise in privacy and security regulations, including industry best practices
- Knowledge of comprehensive risk mitigation strategies
- Know of intellectual property and data management
- Excellent track record of establishing strong customer relationships with internal clients
- Success in managing through influence and persuasion
- Ability to work closely and effectively with physicians (internal and community), hospital administrators, employees, and community interests
- Proven ability to effectively establish and deliver to critical performance metrics and act as a role model for achieving high performance standards
- Ability to establish and maintain various types of data to guide decision-making and reporting required
- Demonstrated experience in budget development and fiscal management
- Strong strategic planning and execution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Expertise in using all Microsoft Office products, including Excel
- Strong demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to serve as a positive role model, creating a strong team orientation
- A team player, adaptive and collaborative while working across the organization
- Results oriented
- Ability to positively manage change and conflict
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong managerial skills, including coaching and mentoring
Healdsburg District Hospital offers competitive compensation and benefits.
For immediate consideration please reply and include your resume and availability. For more information about us, please visit our website at: www.healdsburgdistricthospital.org
Healdsburg District Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.