SUMMARY: Will perform routine maintenance and repair of
railroad locomotives along with performing Chief
Mechanical Officer duties of coordinating the activities
of the repair facility. The CMO is responsible for daily
reports, parts ordering, locomotive maintenance
scheduling and working within a planned budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are
not limited to the following:
• Implementation of and compliance with the company
• Constantly searching for both safe and productive ways
• Compliance with confidentiality policy as stated in
company employee manual.
• Coordinate daily locomotive needs with the dispatcher
or local management.
• Comply with the guidelines set forth by the FRA on
Personal Blue Signal Protection of Workers.
• Maintain locomotives and compile records to comply
with FRA and company rules and regulations.
• Perform air tests, inspect and repair of locomotives
or components for structural defects and wear according
to FRA and manufacturing guidelines.
• Maintain a reliable inventory of material for the
proper maintenance of locomotives.
• Rules compliance with all rules, regulations and
programs including drug and alcohol.
• Possess working knowledge of the proper use of various
wear limit gauges and testing equipment.
• Must possess the ability to complete written forms and
reports as well as necessary Federal Railroad
Administration reports pertaining to Machinist Foreman
• Must become familiar with state and federal
regulations as it relates to the railroad industry.
• Must be able to perform emergency repairs and
re-railing of railroad rolling stock.
• Must have the ability to solve practical problems and
deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
where only limited standardization exists. Ability to
interpret and delegate a variety of instructions
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Must have a working knowledge of and be familiar with
various types of tools and equipment such as, but not
limited to, welders, torches, hammers, jacks, and
various types of other mechanical, pneumatic, and hand
tools pertaining to the construction and maintenance of
• Develop the skills of subordinate employee(s) to
assure highly qualified successors are in place
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Must have completed a three year Railroad
Apprenticeship or have four years experience in some
other mechanical field.
• Working knowledge of FRA and OSHA regulations as it
pertains to locomotives and repair facilities.
Watco Companies, LLC. - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard