*Chief Nursing Officer - Martin General Hospital (Williamston, NC)
Martin General Hospital, a 49-bed facility employs more than 268 people. With more than 40 medical staff members, specialties represented by physicians at the facility include: Cardiology, Emergency Medicine, Family Practice, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Gynecology, Hematology/Oncology, Hospitalist, Internal Medicine, Nephrology, Nurse Midwifery, Obstetrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics/Orthopedic Surgery, Pathology, Pediatrics, Physician Assistant, Podiatry, Pulmonology and Radiology. The facility offers a full range of services including 24-hour emergency care, cardiopulmonary services, chemotherapy, childbirth education, a coumadin clinic, diabetes education, general surgery and an outpatient surgery center, industrial medicine, an intensive care unit, laboratory services, nutritional services, oncology/hematology, obstetrics, orthopaedics, pediatrics, pharmacy, pulmonary clinic, imaging services, rehabilitation (physical, speech and occupational therapy), a sleep center, a wome
The Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) is responsible for:
- Providing leadership to nurse employees that will enroll their support, create ownership of goals, and have them actively participate in decisions that impact the hospital
- Maintaining necessary regulatory and compliance approvals and quality accreditations
- Partnering with physicians who use, or will use, the hospital
- Assisting in planning new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue
- Creating an environment that will encourage recruiting and retention of clinical employees
- Managing costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non-value costs
- Establishing standards for nursing practices and maintain authority, accountibility and responsibility for nursing services
- Developing organizational patient care programs, policies and proceedures that describe how nursing care is assessed, delivered and evaluated.
- Developing and managing the nursing services budget and ensuring sufficient number of qualified staff to assess patient needs
- Plan and provide nursing care interventions and prevent complications, promote improvement and patient comfort and wellness
- Analyzing areas in planning, promoting and conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities
- Representing the nursing services at all meetings including medical staff and hospital board of director meetings; participates with leaders in designing and providing patient care and services
As a member of the Hospital's senior management team, the CNO will partcipate in functional decision-making processes necessary to the successful attainment of the hospital's mission in addition to maintaining an awareness of changes in healthcare clincal matters that could have an impact on the success of the hospital.
The CNO will oversee multiple departments within the hospital.
This position reports directly to the hospital Chief Executive Officer.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited institution
- Master's degree required
- Must be a registerd nurse (RN) with a current licensure
- Must possess detailed knowledge of hospital nursing operations
- 5+ years of demonstrated successful leadership in an acute-care hospital environment (For-profit experience preferred)
- Must be proficient in written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with hospital staff, physicians, patients, and patient's families
- Ability to maintain confidential information concerning personal, financial, or medical matters
NC-Williamston (Eastern North Carolina)
Martin General Hospital
Forecasted paid hours per shift
Forecasted hours per pay week
Community Health Systems - 16 months ago