Under the general guidance of the Executive Chef, support the seamless running of the kitchen, by maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen, dishes, utensils, and equipment.
Duties & Functions:
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Ensure that a sanitary environment is maintained and all kitchen work areas are kept clean
- Provide clean cooking utensils for the food and beverage operation and ensure that all utensils and equipment are clean, dry, and correctly stored in the designated areas
- Ensure that the correct chemicals are used
- Comply with all Health and Safety functions
- Supervise all members of stewarding department and ensure that they are acting in accordance with established standards for safety performance
- Implement our Quality Assurance Program
- Ensure adherence to Health Department rules and regulations
- FPC Card Holder
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous stewarding and receiving experience
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Enter and locate work related information using computers
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 75 pounds without assistance
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Requires manual ability to use, carry, and operate all necessary equipment
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays. The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/Division.
The employee will actively follow MHG policies including Equal Opportunities policies and will maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations.
Morgans Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.
Morgans Hotel Group - 21 months ago
Morgans Hotel Group (MHG) is part of a growing trend of staying in boutiques rather than shopping in them. The company owns (wholly or...