Serves as a spacecraft pilot and/or flight test engineer for the Dream Chaser program. Responsible for supporting the development of the Dream Chaser spacecraft and the atmospheric and orbital flight test programs. Represents the Dream Chaser Program to NASA and other government senior management. Completes special projects and tasks as assigned.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarization’s only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
- Support dream Chaser flight activities including flight test, controls development, crew cockpit interfaces, human factors evaluations and handling qualities evaluations
- Interface with customers on flight related activities.
- Responsible to build and maintain positive customer relations with existing and new customer base, including outreach to all levels of customer and government
- Serves as a point of contact for activities dealing with flight test
- Serves as Dream Chaser pilot for engineering evaluations
- May serve as Dream Chaser pilot for flight tests, as appropriate
- Responsible for supporting development of Dream Chaser crew interfaces including cockpit and displays and controls
- Support project efforts to Interpret customer requirements into hardware and system requirements and specifications
- Prepare material for, and conduct periodic design reviews
- Follow SNC policies, procedures and work instructions for all technical activities
- Act as a technical liaison to the Program Manager
- Complete special technical projects and assignments as assigned by Program
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Create technical briefings for customer reviews
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Note: Ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance may be required
- Experience in flight test, aircraft operations, human spaceflight, program management, development engineering and/or operational experience in a branch of the military relevant to the product line / business area.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or science is required, a Masters degree in Engineering, Science, or Business is desirable.
- Human spaceflight experience is required.
- Excellent communication skills required
- Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams
- Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, face-paced environment with emphasizes in rapid prototyping and fielding of capabilities
- Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix.
Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), headquartered in Sparks, Nev., is one of America’s fastest growing private companies based on its...