The CTO is the senior most IT architectural leader and works closely with all other leaders within the IT team - Enterprise Services, Project/Portfolio Management, Quality Assurance, and Development to ensure the most appropriate architecture, design and performance of all IT systems and infrastructure. Working with the CIO, the CTO has ultimate decision making authority over all enterprise architecture (data, systems, and infrastructure), thus ensuring proper investment of over $1b in IT expenditures annual. The CTO is also our senior most IT Security leader, responsible for ensuring the integrity and protection of data and technology assets. Lastly, the CTO is our Reliability, Availability, and Serviceability (RAS) Officer, responsible for driving world-class availability and performance of all IT systems.
1. Design, implement, maintain, enforce Enterprise IT Architecture (Data, Systems, Infrastructure)
2. Design, implement, maintain, enforce RAS programs to deliver world class systems availability and performance
3. Interface with senior business leaders to ensure ongoing alignment between business goals and IT direction - both tactically and strategically
4. Design, implement, maintain, enforce Enterprise Security Architecture (Data, Systems, Infrastructure)
5. Technology research and innovation - develop long term roadmap based on emerging trends in healthcare and technology
Bachelor Degree Required
Masters Degree Preferred
1. 15+ years IT experience, 10 of which were spent managing large IT departments
2. Previous experience as either a CIO or CTO
3. Strong focus on continuous availability systems design
4. Strong understand of IT security risks and mitigation strategies
5. Strong communications and interpersonal skills
CVS Caremark is a Fortune 18 company with 200,000 employees and over $100B in revenue. It is the only fully integrated pharmacy health care company in the United States. Our offerings across the entire spectrum of pharmacy care allow us to provide greater convenience and choice for patients, improve health outcomes, and lower overall health care costs for plan sponsors and participants.
Millions of times a day, close to home and across the country, we’re helping people on their path to better health.