The Chief of Staff assists the President and senior university staff, in administering all aspects of Minnesota State University, Mankato’s educational and administrative activities. The Chief of Staff directs and supervises the President’s Office support staff, and facilitates and coordinates communications and assignments, given by the President to other senior administrative staff members. The Chief of Staff exercises the highest level of confidentiality in all functions and activities.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible professional administrative/managerial experience within the MnSCU system or five (5) years of equivalent higher education experience.
- Ability to work independently, with tact and diplomacy on simultaneous, complicated, and sensitive tasks.
- Demonstrated high ethical standards and confidentiality.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to understand how issues/decisions impact the whole University.
- Understanding of government relations issues and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to understand contracts and policies.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate legal issues.
- Understanding of collective bargaining in higher education.
- Demonstrated supervisory/leadership skills.
- Excellent listening, speaking and written communications skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain good working relationships with colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Experience planning and executing public relations strategies, both within an organization and externally.
- Experience effectively interacting with media and public relations.
- Understanding of budget process and ability to manage division’s financial resources.
- Experience planning events.
- Experience in working with and/or an understanding of the legislative process.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu .
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mankato/default.cfm . A complete application will include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
Dr. Bob Hoffman
Vice President of Strategic Business, Education and Regional Partnerships
Minnesota State University, Mankato
329 Wigley Administration
Mankato, MN 56001
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the MnSCU Administrators Plan which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/documents/AdminPlan10_11_2.pdf .
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.