Chief Investment Officer Organization
Chief of Staff/Project Management
Vice President (7P)
Chief Investment Officer
The recently expanded Chief Investment Officer Organization consist of over 50 staff members overseeing three distinct company activities in addition to the Senior Management Responsibilities of the CIO. These activities include Portfolio Management of $350 billion in U.S. and International insurance General Account assets and over $5 billion in alternative assets.
Given this broad scope of responsibilities and the extensive travel, committee and other time demands on the CIO, this role is being created to assist the CIO in the management of the CIO Organization and to ensure that it successfully achieves its objectives and responds to emerging issues promptly as they arise.
The CIO Chief of Staff/Project Manager will have a clear line of sight in to all of the key activities underway in the CIO Organization. This individual will develop close working relationships with the CIO U.S. Operations, the CIO International, the head of the Alternative Assets Group and the VP Finance for the CIO Organization. As time permits, this individual will be offered the opportunity to play an active role in selected projects underway in the various units of the organization.
This job is intended to introduce talented individuals to the various activities of the CIO Organization with the objective of it leading to a more traditional assignment within one of the units of the organization. As such, this role is expected to a rotational assignment lasting between 2-3 years.
- Assist in the development, organization and tracking of key objectives for the CIO Organization and the individual objectives of the CIOs direct reports and their teams.
- Manage the tracking and timely delivery of key projects for the CIO Organization.
- Work closely with the CIO's direct reports to ensure that key projects are completed in a high quality and timely manner.
- Take ownership for the completion of selected CIO objectives and provide back-up coverage to ensure seamless support during travel related absences or unavailability of the CIO.
- Work closely with the CIO, his Executive Assistant Team and the VP Finance and selectively with the CIO Organization's HR contact to ensure that the CIO Organization operates with a high degree of professionalism, delivers its objectives on time and continues to enhance the reputation of the CIO and all the employees in the group.
- Organize Town Halls and other Departmental activities to help build and sustain a sense of team and common cultural attributes for the CIO Organization.
Experience & Qualifications:
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
- Strong organizational skills and knowledge of Prudential and its key committee structures.
- Knowledge of the key investment, Asset/Liability Management and hedging related challenges facing the businesses of Prudential.
- Ten or more years of investment or financial services experience with substantial project management and team oriented work experience.
- An MBA or equivalent work experience with a preference for investment and/ or quantitative analysis oriented education and work related experience.
- An interest in the career paths offered within the CIO Organization is preferred.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential and its affiliates, Newark, New Jersey are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers and are committed to diversity in our workforce.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
United States-New Jersey-Newark
For more than 135 years, Prudential Financial (NYSE:PRU) has helped people grow and protect their wealth. We offer individual and...