This position is covered by the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement, including a fair share clause. Health and dental benefits are NOT provided. The candidate selected will serve a twelve (12) month probationary period. This posting will be used to fill similar vacancies that occur within three months of the closing date.
Hours: This a part-time, 20 hours per week, 38 weeks per year position. Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm. Schedule is subject to change by the supervisor.
Organizational Function and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for planning, implementing and teaching in a child care education program for children ages 2 to 7 at the District’s Child and Family Center.
This position reports to the Child and Family Center Manager.
The following are duties typically expected of this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Implements the educational philosophy of the center by planning appropriate learning activities for groups of children in terms of age, group size, composition, etc.
2. Provides for the needs of the individual child in relationship to his/her cultural and socio-economic background, emotional and physical make-up, and individual style and pace of learning.
3. Sets and maintains clear and reasonable limits in the child care setting.
4. Provides a physical environment conducive to children’s growth and development.
5. Maintains health and safety standards and participate in daily and weekly clean-up.
6. Works with other staff by exchanging ideas. Information, feedback and support.
7. Communicates with parents for the purposes of exchanging information with them about their children’s lives at the center and at home and maintaining positive rapport.
8. Participates in scheduled team meetings.
9. Participates in long and short range program planning and evaluation.
10. Participates in evaluations of job performances.
11. Participates in in-service, conferences and workshops.
12. Adheres to Department of Health and Social Services legal requirements and District policy.
13. Assists occasionally with snack lunch and meal preparation.
14. Develops, provides and implements creative learning topics utilizing audio visual, computers, and other resources.
15. Demonstrates a commitment to the college values of excellence, respect, and integrity.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Physical stamina and ability to lift 50 pounds minimum.
2. Ability to relate positively to children, parents, and staff.
3. Skill in written and oral communications.
4. Skill in planning and implementing early childhood curriculum.
5. Demonstrated skill in communications and human relations regarding populations with diverse economic and racial backgrounds.
6. Knowledge of first aid and CPR .
7. Ability to communicate (orally and written) in English and Spanish.
1. Associate Degree in Early Childhood Development earned or near completion. Coursework to meet State of Wisconsin Licensing Standards for an assistant childcare teacher.
2. Experience teaching young children in a licensed child care setting.
3. Experience working with minority children and families.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Madison Area Technical College - 12 months ago
With campuses in Madison, Fort Atkinson, Portage, Reedsburg and Watertown, Madison College serves more than 40,000 students throughout a...