Certification in Therapeutic Recreation (CTRS). Certification in Child Life preferred (CCLS).
Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Child Life, Psychology, Therapeutic Recreation or closely related field. Masters degree preferred.
Two years of pediatric rehabilitation experience with children/adolescents up to 21 years of age required.
Two years of experience as a Child Life Specialist and/or Recreation Therapist required.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- Knowledge of infant, child, and adolescent growth and development.
- Experience working with infants, children, and adolescents.
- Ability to work effectively independently
- Perform work according to CHOP policies and procedures, professional standards of care, and applicable laws.
- Ability to set goals, prioritize, and achieve results in accordance with the highest standards.
- Provides care with sensitivity and respect.
- Understands and promotes CHOP’s mission.
Supports children, teens, and family members by providing: developmentally appropriate play/recreation and activities, education and preparation for medical procedures, and emotional support to help reduce stress, increase adaptive coping, and enhance developmental growth.
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 2 years ago
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since our start...