- Plans and conducts programs for children to encourage reading, viewing, and listening of library materials in an effort to create lifelong readers.
- As second in command, assists with supervision and training of staff and assumes responsibility in absence of Branch Manager.
- Performs reference and reader's advisory services in person, by telephone and by e-mail, using materials in a variety of formats.
- Provides service to the community and schools through programming, teacher collection services, and other Library services.
- Maintains knowledge of circulation system in order to assist at circulation desk.
- Uses computers and the Internet effectively for providing Library service.
- Identifies reading trends among juvenile patrons.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong Customer service skills.
- Experience working with children and children's programming preferred.
- Knowledge of children's literature preferred.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of the Library's policies and procedures.
- Analytical abilities sufficient to perform reference searches quickly and accurately with material at the appropriate age level.
- Is self-motivated.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including building and enhancing diverse relationships.