Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.Makes an effort to learn customers’ names and to address them by name whenever possible.Assists customers by: (examples include)escorting them to the products they’re looking forsecuring products that are out of reachloading or unloading heavy itemsmaking note of and passing along customer suggestions or requestsperforming other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience. Answers the telephone promptly when called upon, and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking customer orders.Takes customer orders at the Chinese Express counter.Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.Reviews orders for the day.Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness.Ensures that an adequate food supply is ready and on hand and develops or follows a production list.Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily basis.Prepares, finishes, and replenishes product as necessary.Pulls product from cooler/freezer to prepare for cooking.Checks in product, puts product away, and review invoices.Runs the department register and receives payment, makes change, etc, where applicable.Removes trash in a timely manner.Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygieneand dress.Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Washes dishes as necessary.
- Orders product and supplies as necessary.
- Prices product for customers as necessary.
- Delivers orders as needed.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables.
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally; exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently; and exert 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from 20 inches or less to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
CareersInGrocery.com - 17 months ago
Give Hy-Vee a high five for being one of the largest privately owned US supermarket chains, despite serving some modestly sized towns in the...