R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company is seeking a Cigarette Product Development Scientist to support the development of cigarette products consistent with RJRT's Growth, Innovation, and Harm Reduction Platforms. The Cigarette Product Development Scientist is responsible for developing new and innovative cigarette products from concept to commercialization working collaboratively with other functions to achieve strategic objectives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Cigarette Product Development Scientist must possess strong leadership skills to manage intra and inter-departmental project teams to execute product development projects against aggressive timelines. The individual must possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish collaborative relationships. He/she must be capable of utilizing sound scientific principles to provide innovative solutions to complex problems. Strong communication skills are required to interact effectively with peers, management and external vendors.
Key responsibilities will include:
1. Design test prototypes which meet consumer needs, interpret sensory and analytical test results using sound scientific principles.
2. Collaborate cross functionally with various groups to develop new blends, components and materials. Collaboration is also required to ensure product/process scale up and commercialization. Interact with outside vendors as necessary.
3. Ensure internal business process compliance and regulatory compliance in development, implementation of new/modified products, and maintenance of existing cigarette products.
4. Monitor cigarette product performance/quality and competitive product activity.
BA/BS technical degree required – chemistry, biology, food science, etc. Master's degree preferred. Five to ten years cigarette product development experience required. This position requires smoking to assess the sensory characteristics of cigarettes; therefore, it is open to current smokers only.
Other skills required include:
• Demonstrated product development knowledge from concept to implementation
• Leadership and problem solving skills
• Ability to manage numerous, simultaneous complex projects
• Analytical and intuitive interpretation skills
• Excellent interpersonal and team work skills
• Highly effective written/oral communication and presentation skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software
Competitive Annual Salary
Targeted Annual Bonus
Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
Generous annual bonus program for all employees
401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
Comprehensive health and welfare benefits package
Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave
Education initiative plans
Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
Extensive training and opportunities for professional and career development
RJ Reynolds - 21 months ago
"Hot" does not begin to describe Reynolds American Inc. (RAI). The holding company holds the #2 spot among US makers of cigarettes...