This position is located onsite in Dubuque, IA. No remote work is available.
IBM's Technical Services Delivery Center in downtown Dubuque, Iowa is seeking Technical Support Specialists responsible for providing client server support for problem and change tickets surrounding the Windows infrastructure. Incumbent assesses situation to determine problem facing the client. Problems are not routine or standardized and the creation of documentation explaining the solution to the problem is required. Responsible for implementing changes to the client’s environment.
Pager coverage and possible off-shift coverage may be required.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Support problem and change tickets for client servers. This involves problem determination and implementation of changes to hardware and/or software. This position provides an intermediate (level 2) to high level (level 3) of support. Tasks are not standardized and require independent thought and problem solving to resolve. Interaction with other teams is often required to solve issues.
• Work to standardize repeatable tasks and steps across multiple accounts within a team while providing coaching and mentoring to the junior team members. This may require creating documentation or scripts that can be used to solve the same problem in the future.
• Team members participate once or more a day in cadence discussion on issues or challenges, and receive trouble-shooting input /advice from other team members. They may also discuss team performance trends and exchange information obtained while working with members of cross-pool teams.
Typical skills used in this Level 2/3 role include:
Windows Server Administration (Win 2000/2003/2008)
Programming and Scripting
Intel Patch Management
All candidates must be able to quantify their knowledge/skill in the following:
Experience in Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 and above
Basic Configuration of WS2K3 / WS2K8
Management of Users & Groups within Active Directory
Intermediate administration skills, including understanding of
Protocols (TCP), Firewalls, Terminal Services policies & profiles,
Creating and Managing Shares
Basic database concepts
Experience with Access Management & Presentation Server Console
Able to Install, Publish, and Administer applications
Able to Configure & Support Printing
Managing Citrix Policies
Installing & Configuring Web Interface
Configuring ICA Sessions
- At least 3 years experience in Systems Administration experience within any of the following operating support platforms: Windows
- At least 3 years experience in Experience in at least one or more of the following: installing, troubleshooting, operating, testing, planning and configuring relevant technologies
- English: Fluent
- Associate's Degree/College Diploma in Information Technology
- Basic knowledge in LEAN methodologies
- Basic knowledge in Maximo tool
- At least 1 year experience in Xen App or Xen Server or Xen Desktop or Netscaler or Citrix Access Gateway skills
- Certified in Systems Administration disciplines for an operating systems support platform
ITD's mission is to leverage IBM’s global scale and advanced technology to deliver standardized solutions that are more automated, repeatable and globally integrated. Through our strengthened global position, clients gain cost advantages, access to industry-leading skills and access to IBM's scale and overall flexibility. ITD's Technical Services Delivery Center in Dubuque, IA. is focused on increasing ITD delivery quality. Integrated Technology Delivery (ITD) brings together all of IBM's service delivery capabilities for Strategic Outsourcing.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
IBM - 21 months ago
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global Technology...