This is a part time, temporary position, with no benefits.
Hours will vary seasonally. During non-summer months, lifeguards are needed for various shifts throughout the day, each shift lasting 2-3 hours. During the summer, the pool is staffed from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. during the week and 4-6 hours on weekends.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Program supervision including prevention of accidents and user/staff safety
2) Ability to respond to all details of an emergency
3) Competency in cash register operation, receipt documentation and public relations
4) Must interact well with fellow staff and public
5) Required to retain knowledge learned through training
Education and Experience:
Must possess the following:
1) American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Certificate
2) Minimum First Aid acceptable is 15 hours of certified training in compliance with Title 22 of California State Law
3) Minimum CPR training acceptable is 9 hours of instruction, including certification in adult, child and infant CPR, breathing devices, AED and 2 rescuer CPR in compliance with Title 22 of the California State Law
Interviews will be held the week of May 7, 2012.
City of San Luis Obispo - 2 years ago