Are you a problem solver? Do you enjoy getting dirty on the job? Have you ever taken something apart just to understand how it functions? Do you have excellent writing skills? Are you motivated when working on your own? Would you prefer working for a family owned company rather than an impersonal giant? Do you have integrity? Do you demand personal excellence from yourself? Apply today to become a part of our “business family!” Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you can honestly answer yes to all of the above questions you may have what it takes to embark upon an exciting and personally satisfying career opportunity at Donan Engineering Co., Inc. Donan Engineering is a 65 year established firm that sets the standard for excellence in forensic engineering throughout and beyond our 26 state region. We site visit, analyze and report on thousands of small and large failure related projects each year and no two are identical. Our engineers’ and fire investigators’ decisions often have huge monetary and legal implications for our clients. These clients choose us again and again because they know we will provide them with sound, well reasoned, insightful and most importantly honest opinions about the cause or causes of a defect, accident, or other failure related problem.
This opportunity is based in the Fargo, ND area and includes some travel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides expert forensic analysis to our clients on an array of engineering projects.
- Provides honest and unbiased analysis and consultation on various structural failures.
- Must travel from site to site to perform projects within a 100 mile radius (further when required) from the assigned office.
- Write and submit detailed and accurate reports on completed projects in a timely manner in accordance with company guidelines.
- Will communicates with Donan’s customers to provide timelines and project update on a consistent basis.
- Must provide expert testimony for court cases on an as need basis.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule during times of peak of business demand.
- Will provide excellent customer service to both the company’s internal and external customers.
- Applicant must be a registered Professional Engineer (P.E.), licensed or eligible for license in North Dakota.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, other engineering disciplines will also be considered with relevant experience.
- Previous forensic experience is highly preferred but not required.
- Must be extremely well organized with the ability deliver fast and accurate turnaround times.
- Experience with hands on engineering such as structural investigations etc., is highly preferred.
- Must be hands on and willing to climb roofs, crawl in tight spaces, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be team oriented and enjoy service oriented type of work.
- Must have superior customer service skills.
- Must conduct business in an honest and ethical fashion at all times.
- Experience with writing detailed reports is highly preferred.
- Must have excellent overall computer skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a clear driving record.
- Must have the ability to work efficiently with little or no supervision.
- Must be willing to work from a remote office setting while traveling from project site to project site.
Donan Engineering offers very competitive compensation and benefit packages in addition to company vehicle and all of the latest business tools and technology. Please visit our website at www.Donan.com for additional information. Will offer a relocation package for the right candidate.
- Frequently required to stand on one’s feet for prolonged pe* riods of time.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move objects weighing 50-100 lbs.
- Frequently required to climb onto first and second story roofs, ascend/descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, etc.
- Frequently required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Frequently required to sit at a computer and look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/gtnkymr
National Society of Professional Engineers - 2 years ago