Position coordinates and manages all the hydroelectric project engineering design activities for the entire project execution cycle. Through collaboration with other department members, establishes the technical solutions for project design and realization; coordinates review activities, and conducts analysis of modifications and non-conformities during construction phase; responsible for all design documentation and coordination of Due Diligence activities for potential acquisitions in coordination with other E&C functions and Business Development.
- Carries out the overall planning of project design activities (Engineering Plan and Program) in order to ensure the on time emission of the Project design documentation.
- Establishes the most appropriate technical solutions for the development of the project design and for the Project’s realization, carrying out a cost/benefit analysis of solutions that are technically similar or equivalent.
- Assures the control and availability of input data and technical interface data necessary for the project design’s development.
- Programs, conducts and documents Project Design Reviews in order to provide an analysis of the project design’s technical consistency, consistency to the Project’s economic and scheduling objectives, and compliance with applicable permitting and approval requirements for the Plant’s operation
- Carries out a technical analysis of the Project’s modifications, as well as non-conformities, Submittals and RFI, in order to propose suitable solutions for project design and/or technical problem issues
- Supports the Project Manager in managing technical interfaces.
- Supports the Project Manager in defining the CapEx evaluation and Time Schedule for the main project design items, with the collaboration of other E&C units, BD and Procurement.
- Leads the technical review process in evaluating potential project acquisitions in support of other E&C units and BD.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Support to BD activities as requested by BD.
- Engineering Technical Due Diligence for existing projects being considered for acquisition or upgrades as requested by BD and O&M.
- Preparation and review of Purchasing Technical Specification for equipment/materials or services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Experienced technical document writer
- Advanced time management and planning skills with ability to review, compile and track project documentation
- Adept organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES (continued)
- Strong understanding of budgets and design for cost solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively work within multi-disciplinary/multi-cultural project teams
- Knowledge of design tools, methodologies, machinery and equipment used in the hydro industry
- Knowledge of disciplinary works for hydro power plants with a background in civil, structural, geotechnical, mechanical or electrical disciplines.
- Knowledge of grid connection and electrical substation; main components and functioning.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, MS Project)
- Ability to work in outside weather in adverse weather conditions, including some extreme temperatures
- BS Engineering
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in a field related to hydroelectric power plant design engineering.
- Valid driver’s license
- 10-25% travel domestically and internationally
Monster - 5 months ago