Merrick is seeking a Civil Engineer l for our McLaughlin Water Engineers Division in Denver, Colorado.
- Position includes performing engineering, design and analysis tasks and report generation for water related civil engineering projects including drainage and flood control, master planning, water and sewer line design, reservoirs, dams and pump stations.
- Position requires judgment on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of alternatives.
- Exercise initiative, judgment and knowledge as required in areas of responsibility.
- Position requires application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of tasks.
- Applying these standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusting and correlating data, recognizing discrepancies in results and following operations through a series of detailed steps or processes.
- Prepare and review working drawings, details, layouts, surveys, estimates, and work products.
- Receives close supervision on new aspects of assignments.
- Supervisor screens assignments and selects techniques and procedures to be used on non-routine work.
- Must be capable of performing independent design tasks and organizing drawings while receiving limited supervision after receiving initial instructions from supervisor.
- Using prescribed methods, performs specific and limited portions of broader assignments of experienced level person.
- May be assisted by other technicians or administrative personnel.
- The successful candidate may be required to interface with client, and Federal, Local and State government contacts on land development and municipal projects. Some travel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an A.B.E.T. Accredited School.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience is required – Min. 1year experience, internship in related field or Master’s Degree substitute
- Experience in a water related civil engineering field is a plus
- Experience with AutoCad and ArcGis is a plus
- Fundamentals of Engineering / Engineer in Training certification is required within 1 year
- Local candidates preferred
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
Merrick is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (EOE/AA/MF/D/V). We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Merrick & Company - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Merrick & Company, an engineering, architecture, design-build, surveying, planning, and geospatial solutions firm, serves domestic and...