Imerys has an project opportunity for a civil engineer with experience in an industrial setting. They are needed for a manufacturing expansion located in Georgia. The ideal candidate should have 4+ years experience, perform structural design & analysis calculations, carry out some Project Engineer duties, devise new approaches to problems, assist with preparing or modifying drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes from start to finish. The ability to work with an engineering firm/vendor onsite is helpful.
- Candidate will be responsible to plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria
- Devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and standards
- Work with structural design and analysis calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas, skills, and experience
- Layout and details portions of projects using schematic layout by project lead engineer, may be assigned responsibility for schematic or conceptual layouts when qualified
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with 4+ years experience
- Must have thorough knowledge of civil/structural design and engineering techniques, as well as CAD and graphics skills in industrial environment
- Project Management experience desired
- Experience in an industrial setting
- Experience working with outside vendors/contractors
Imerys knows the ins and outs of mining rare resources. The company extracts and processes minerals into various industrial materials used...