McGlamery Engineering Group, LLC.—a member of the Vertex Companies—is seeking a Civil Engineer in our Denver, Colorado office. The position requires responsibilities for performing both civil design and civil forensic engineering. The Vertex Companies solutions span the globe and support a full range of building projects.
Civil Design Engineer:
The Civil Engineer will be expected to perform a variety of tasks that support the overall goals of the company. Day to day activities include but are not limited to:
Civil Forensic Engineer:
- Provide expertise in technical engineering.
- Carry out civil engineering design of architectural, site, and land development projects.
- Prepare and review engineering plans, construction drawings, cost estimates and specifications.
- Prepare all required professional documents and reports that are needed to carry out and complete a project.
- Provide CAD support for all projects as necessary.
- Direct interaction with the client, owner, other engineering consultants, and contractors as needed.
- Carry out construction administration responsibilities such as shop drawing review, responding to contractor questions, and site inspections.
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Provide investigation and review for multiple projects; provide detailed investigative reports and findings to senior management and clients, primarily law firms and insurance companies. Client satisfaction is essential.
- Effective management of all assigned tasks; meeting budget and delivery time frames; ensuring client satisfaction.
- Ensuring that assignments are executed with technical proficiency, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Single day and occasional overnight travel to assignments in region one to three days per week and provide multiple day support to other regions in the event of a natural disaster.
- Developing technical specialization and expertise that benefits the company and broadens our service offerings.
- Professional development, continuing education, and advancement of credentials. Individuals should have independent initiatives as well as company – sponsored development goals.
- Participating in business development ventures and presentations, including regular contact with existing and prospective clients in the region.
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy
- Other tasks as assigned by Senior Management.
- BS in Engineering required
- MS in Engineering preferred
- PE in Civil Engineering preferred
- NCEES record preferred
Knowledge & Skills:
- Hold a professional engineer license or be in line to sit for the PE within one year with experience in the design and forensic investigation of civil projects.
- Proficiency in Civil 3D is required.
- Proficiency in design of grading, drainage, utilities and erosion control.
- Adequate and thorough knowledge on interpreting engineering plans.
- Excellent technical writing abilities are required.
- Knowledgeable about the laws and codes for construction sites to promote compliance and safety.
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Strong knowledge of the Denver Metro area jurisdictions and Urban Drainage and Flood Control District.
For considerations, apply here
- Able to carry and operate a 24-foot extension ladder unassisted.
- Able to walk on sloped roofs.
- Able to work in small spaces (attics, crawl spaces).
Vertex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and a positive corporate culture. For more information about the Vertex team, please visit our website at vertexeng.com .