Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 10,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
Arup is looking for a New York State PE qualified civil engineer with particular experience in sanitary drainage and stormwater management design for our Lower Manhattan office. A strong knowledge of and interest in Green Infrastructure is also required. The candidate will have experience of infrastructure design from inception through to construction in a variety of development scenarios. They must be able to bring creative and innovative ideas through the master planning and early development stages of projects and be able to evolve these ideas into practical designs.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Civil Engineering design
• Preparation of contract drawings, documents and specifications
• Advising on the need for surveys and/or investigations
• Preparation of reports and technical notes
• Coordinating work with engineers and other groups
• Site visits/inspections/meetings
• Continuing education and development
• Understanding of sustainability principles and green infrastructure
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD required
• Working knowledge of engineering design software preferred – especially in relation to drainage and stormwater management.
• Good communication skills essential for team-based working. Must be motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
• PE – New York State
• Bachelors/Masters degree in Civil Engineering with a sound knowledge of civil engineering fundamentals
• Minimum 5 years of experience on infrastructure projects and a sound knowledge of engineering fundamentals
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless.
This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Things always look up for Arup Group, a global design and business consulting firm. The company provides engineering, architectural, and...