Work Location: Madison, WI
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a Claim Manager - Litigation.
Manager-level Claims role: Responsible for direct leadership and management of front line claim staff on the Third Party Litigation team. Ensures timely and effective application of CUNA Mutual Group policies and processes and is accountable for team goals related to customer service and quality. Provides claim file direction and coaching on complex litigated matters. Brings a strong customer focus and maintains effective communication with field staff, home office personnel, business partners, outside vendors, and external customers. May participate in quality reviews and work on special projects, as needed. Has authority to hire, coach, develop, evaluate, and terminate team members.
- Coordinate operational and leadership responsibilities to ensure consistent achievement of team results, quality, and customer-service
- Drive team results based upon established quality objectives, team, and individual performance metrics; monitor, track, and address team results
- Review and evaluate customer satisfaction, quality, and financial results to identify risks and mitigate any potential loss
- Coach, motivate, recognize, and develop professional claim staff.
- Monitor and document claim processes/guidelines for effectiveness and efficiency, identifying and implementing process improvements
- Participate in Claim organization strategy initiatives and projects in collaboration with the Claim Operations team
- Participate and collaborate with Third Party Litigation leadership team to drive results and continually elevate performance.
- Bachelors Degree in Insurance or business or applicable experience
- Five or more years of insurance industry experience handling complex litigated cases, including prior experience in claim management.
- Minimum of two (2) years of leadership/management experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, coach, and develop others
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, negotiation, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal/external clients, with an intense customer focus.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 5-8 years
Area of Interest(s): Claims, Customer Operations
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: MLS20133007-30310
The CUNA Mutual Group, www.cunamutual.com, is the leading financial services provider to credit unions and their members worldwide, offering...