Great American Insurance Group’s roots go back to 1872 with the founding of its flagship company, Great American Insurance Company. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, the operations of Great American Insurance Group are engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance focusing on specialty commercial products for businesses, and in the sale of traditional fixed and fixed-indexed annuities in the education, bank and individual markets. Great American Insurance Company has received an “A” (Excellent) or higher rating from the A. M. Best Company for over 100 years (most recent rating evaluation effective March 29, 2012). The members of the Great American Insurance Group are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG), also based in Cincinnati, Ohio. AFG’s common stock is listed and traded on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol AFG. www.greatamericaninsurancegroup.com .
Great American's Bond Division has been underwriting surety and fidelity bonds for over 80 years. Great American is known for expert underwriting, solid financial strength, market leadership and creative solutions to all bonding needs. With a highly diverse product line, Great American is one of the top surety companies in the United States. The Bond Division is currently seeking a Claim Representative/Senior Claim Representative for our downtown Cincinnati headquarters.
- Investigates, evaluates and adjusts small to mid-sized Commercial Surety claims
- Reviews and evaluates coverage and / or liability
- Secures necessary information (i.e., reports, bonds, credit or financial reports, bond forms, agreements, releases, statements or other documents) to assist in the investigation of claims
- Retains and directs approved consultants and outside counsel. Responsible for maintaining cost controls and overseeing the work of outside counsel
- Determines available avenues of recovery and their cost-effectiveness; coordinates approved recovery efforts.
- Establishes and maintains proper loss reserves and expense budgets
- Prepares periodic claims reports as required
- Affects settlements / reserves within prescribed limits and submits recommendations to supervisor on cases exceeding personal authority
- Ensures that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensures compliance of claims handling pursuant to all state, legal, statutory and regulatory bodies to comply with all company procedures and requirements
- Maintains organized and appropriately documented claim files
- May attend mediations, arbitrations or settlement conferences as requested
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or related field is required.
· 2-5 years of property/casualty claims experience.
· Must be detail-oriented, organized and possess strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
· Strong negotiation skills are required.
Great American Insurance Group - 22 months ago