Great American Insurance Group's roots go back to 1872 with the founding of its flagship company, Great American Insurance Company. The operations of Great American Insurance Group are engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance, focusing on specialty commercial products for businesses, and in the sale of annuities and supplemental insurance products.
The Trucking Division provides an affordable alternative solution to Texas workers' compensation coverage and has successfully developed and manages the leading non-subscription program in the market. We are currently searching for a claim representative / specialist for our Non- Subscriber Claim Office in Dallas.
- Investigates and maintains claims. Reviews and evaluates coverage and / or liability. Secures and analyzes necessary information (i.e., reports, policies, appraisals, releases, statements, records or other documents) in the investigation of claims.
- Works toward the resolution of claims files, and may attend arbitrations, mediations, dispositions or trials as necessary. May affect settlements / reserves within prescribed limits and submit recommendations to supervisor on cases exceeding personal authority.
- Conveys simple to moderately complex information (coverage, decision, outcomes, etc.) to all appropriate parties, maintaining a professional demeanor in all situations.
- Ensures that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures that claims handling is conducted in compliance with applicable statutes, regulations and other legal requirements, and that all applicable company procedures and policies are followed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of claim adjusting experience, including medical only, non subscriber, workers' compensation or general liability. Consideration may be given to candidates with less experience. Job level will commensurate with years of experience and skill set.
- Bi-lingual Spanish skills are a plus.
- Works within specific claims authority on assignments of moderate technical complexity.
- Performs work under minimal to moderate supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and must be detailed and organized in their work.
Great American Insurance Group - 9 months ago
Great American Insurance Group is engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance ("P&C"), focusing on specialized...