Great American Insurance Group’s roots go back to 1872 with the founding of its flagship company, Great American Insurance Company. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, the operations of Great American Insurance Group are engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance focusing on specialty commercial products for businesses, and in the sale of traditional fixed and fixed-indexed annuities in the education, bank and individual markets. Great American Insurance Company has received an “A” (Excellent) or higher rating from the A. M. Best Company for over 100 years (most recent rating evaluation effective March 29, 2012). The members of the Great American Insurance Group are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG), also based in Cincinnati, Ohio. AFG’s common stock is listed and traded on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol AFG. www.greatamericaninsurancegroup.com .
We are looking to fill two positions in our Long Term Care group, and the level will be determined based on the individual candidate's experience and qualifications.
- Investigates and maintains basic claims:
- Reviews and evaluates coverage and/or liability.
- Secures and analyzes necessary information (i.e., reports, policies, appraisals, releases, statements, records or other documents) in the investigation of claims.
- Works toward the resolution of claims files, and may attend arbitrations, mediations or trials as necessary.
- May affect settlements/reserves within prescribed limits and submit recommendations to supervisor on cases exceeding personal authority.
- Ensures that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures that claims handling is conducted in compliance with applicable statutes, regulations and other legal requirements, and that all applicable company procedures and policies are followed.
- Depending on years of experience, may provide guidance and assistance to lower level positions and other functional areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months to 5 years of related experience in Disability, Workers Comp, or Long Term Care. Long Term Care experience is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, experience with Microsoft Access is a plus.
Great American Insurance Group is engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance ("P&C"), focusing on specialized...