Claims Adjuster - Auto Damage
Job Number: 111390
Our people make Progressive a successful, forward-moving organization. We continuously revolutionize the insurance industry with our innovative services and use of technology. At Progressive, you will have extensive career path opportunities and the chance to work in a diverse, dynamic atmosphere. Come join a team of enthusiastic people who change the insurance industry one big idea at a time.
Claims Adjuster - Auto Damage
Our Claims Adjuster – Auto Damage uses their auto body knowledge to complete vehicle damage estimates. Because we’re committed to becoming consumers' #1 choice for auto insurance by providing best-in-class claims service, it is important our estimates are accurate and reflect the various options available in a competitive market for repairing damaged vehicles. Each Claims Adjuster works closely with the repair shops to make sure repairs are done on time and with the quality we expect.
Paid training! We equip you with some of the most intensive training in the industry. You will attend a two week Claims Ownership Class where you learn about field claims and property damage fundamentals like how to handle total loss situations. When you finish our Claims University classes, you’re empowered to deliver working solutions and positive outcomes for policyholders and others involved in losses with confidence.
Some of the day-to-day of a Claims Adjuster – Auto Damage:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Need to be Successful:
- Determines repair parts, time and labor required to complete repair or if instead the vehicle is a total loss
- Negotiates agreed price with repair shops
- Manages the repair facility performance on timeliness and repair quality
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding the process
- Maintains accurate documentation of the repair process by completing timely estimates, supplements, and inspections.
- Coordinates the disposal process of salvaged vehicles/parts
- High school diploma or GED
- One year minimum of estimating experience or work as a claims adjuster, a property damage adjuster or repair work within an automobile repair and/or body shop
- Excellent organization skills which includes ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient in basic computer skills
- Some experience with dispatch and repair management software as well as a core claims adjusting system
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
How to Apply
- Gainshare bonus of up to 16% of salary (Gainshare is a bonus program given to all employees based on company profitability)
- Ongoing training and opportunities for career advancement
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Award winning, supportive environment with Employee Resource Groups
- 401(k) with a 6% company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts
- Child care subsidy
Progressive is a place where you are celebrated for the person you are, the ideas you bring and the energy you invest. Apply now and find out what it's like to be a part of this exceptional group of collegial individuals. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. As part of our hiring process, candidates must meet company requirements on our online assessment test. A representative from our Talent Advisor Group will then be in touch by email. Candidates must also pass a comprehensive background check. Some positions require licensing, which will impact background check requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job : Claims
Primary Location : United States-North Dakota-Bismarck
Schedule : Full-time
Employee Status : Regular
Love What You Do at Progressive
You might know us best for car insurance, and Flo, our friendly Superstore cashier. But, for more than 75...