Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies is seeking high quality individuals for an integral role as a Claims Assistant. The Workers’ Compensation Claims Division is continuing the expansion of our worker’s compensation claims adjusting office in Omaha, Nebraska. Our successful and rapid business growth over the past year has created the need to fill additional positions, and we are seeking high quality people to help us build a best-in-industry national business operation. Join a great team that will produce exceptional work and meet the highest standards in a positive, supportive work environment.
- Assist with preparation and submission of mandatory state reports and notifications.
- Collect pertinent claim information from medical providers, including medical records, work abilities, and appointment information.
- Prepare claim files for referral to outside parties such as nurse case managers, vocational counselors, med-legal examiners, and attorneys.
- Secure past claim activity through ISO reports and seek prior claim information from past carriers.
- Prepare and send correspondence to various recipients at the direction of the Claims Professional.
- Document file notes with pertinent information in a clear, easily understood manner.
- Ensure that work is performed in accordance with Company standards, training, and supervisory direction.
- Foster a positive and close working relationship with other Company staff, including medical management, special investigations, legal, nurse case management, the call center, client services, marketing, and underwriting.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or technical school; or at least six months of relevant experience and training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software.