Claims Internship - Albany, NY; Mitchel Field, NY
Liberty Mutual's internship program gives you the chance to work on a variety of critical business assignments, test your skills, use your academic knowledge and match your interests to a real job.
As a Liberty Mutual Claims Intern , you will have the unique opportunity to develop skills necessary for success in Claims from an insurance company known for integrity, responsibility, and outstanding service.
You will start by gaining exposure to property, auto, bodily injury unit, special investigative unit and other claims functions.
This is your chance to explore Liberty Mutual as a potential employer. We will provide you with a meaningful experience along with the management support, tools and resources you need to be successful.
An online community of hundreds of interns will provide a collegial environment to help with your transition from school to work.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in educational and social programs that will accelerate your development, and you may qualify for scholarships that will help with tuition costs.
- You will participate in job shadowing, working with claims information systems, and assisting your team with day-to-day job functions.
- You may also spend time out of the office observing and/or assisting with field assignments to learn how to provide professional customer service, perform inspections of loss sites, assist with itemization of damages, work with contractors, participate in court appearances and assist with damage appraisals
- You will be assigned additional training or project work including an end of summer presentation to management.
• Working towards Bachelor's degree, with a competitive academic standing
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Additional requirements might apply
• Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills
• Demonstrated customer service and negotiation skills
• Attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment
This position is for Summer 2013.
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way.
We believe that the Company's success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives every day.
Responsibility. What's your policy?
Salary (Pay Basis)
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Liberty Mutual Insurance helps people preserve and protect what they earn, build, own and cherish. Keeping this promise means we are there...