In this fast paced position, you will be responsible for handling complex property claims with minimal supervision and guidance from the manager. You will utilize current claims technology. Research and formulate a basis on which coverage decisions will be made, conduct thorough investigations, evaluate damages and complete your own estimates using Xactimate. Negotiate settlements with insureds. Responsibilities also include active file management, ensuring proper reserving, and participation in training activities. Serve as a mentor for others in the team or department. Consistently exhibit a high level of customer service and adherence to department audit guidelines. Responding to storm duty may be required if necessary. Position requires candidate to work from their residence and provide service to Central MN.
Preferred Experience and Skills
Preferred Education and Training
- Proficiency with computers and current technology
- Interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills and problem solving skills
- Prior experience handling large and complex claims
- Oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Insurance or related field
- Associate in Claims designation
- Associate in General Insurance designation
- CPCU coursework or other continuing education
StarTribune - 9 months ago
Homeowners in the Midwest may not worry about hurricanes or tsunamis, but mighty storms can be a real concern. As the "Silver...