IMPORTANCE OF THIS POSITION TO THE SUCCESS OF ANPAC:
1. Assume responsibility for low to medium severity Section 1 type claims and management of field personnel.
2. Review facts of loss and determine details of coverage via the computer system
3. Determine investigative needs to assess damages, cause of loss and coverage
4. Document computer log with results of review and intentions for handling.
5. Contact relevant parties (insureds, contractors, mortgage companies, etc.) Take recorded statement.
6. Explain claims process and coverages. Begin investigation and identify SIU indicators. Document computer log.
7. Determine inspection needs, including any salvage/subrogation potential, order police reports, fire reports, take witness statements, review field reports and photos, etc.
8. Compile information for decision-making. Assess any follow-up investigative needs. Determine scope of coverage and damages, and make decision.
9. Effectively communicate decision to insured
*PLEASE NOTE: Depending upon the qualifications of applicants, another level may be substituted for this position.
Educational Equivalent - College degree required or equivalent work experience. Insurance training preferred.
Specific Training - Completion of insurance courses and construction experience helpful.
Specific Abilities - Must possess and utilize effective oral and written communications skills. Must be able to work with public and company personnel cordially and respectfully. Must possess the ability to properly organize priorities. Good keyboarding skills required. Effective decision making skills required.
Specific Knowledge - Knowledge of policy forms and coverages. Must possess an understanding of appropriate state laws. Knowledge of construction nomenclature and estimatics helpful.
American National Family of Companies - 17 months ago