The primary responsibility of this position is to provide assistance to the assigned claims handlers in the handling of physical damage, property damage, and bodily injury claims in the traditional claims unit. This position calls for some ability to act independently, make minor decisions, and provide customer service to National Interstate's external customers.
- Send correspondence including contact letters to claimants, letters of acknowledgement to attorneys, and send California thirty day compliance letters as requested.
- Order police reports and follow up on police report requests.
- Copy suit files, type correspondence and mail to defense.
- Sort, match, and file mail.
- Complete ISO Index and update ISO ever six months as requested.
- Contact billing offices to request bills or gather information for reserving, ensure a W-9 is on file.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge in the insurance industry, preferably in claims.
- General knowledge of claims terminology and process is helpful.
- Must have the ability to address incoming mail or telephone calls to determine how to handle them and when to seek help.
National Interstate - 2 years ago