Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
This is a full time, defined duration opportunity with the potential to be extended further, based on business need. You may also be eligible for the following benefits:
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tax-Saver Spending Accounts for Medical and Dental Care
Applies knowledge of business functions in pre/post foreclosure areas such as; claims and invoice processing, payment approvals and research, servicer and non-servicer/vendor activity, primary and secondary insurance, government claims, recourse and a variety of other collection activities and processes in order to support day-to-day activities. Recommend action to resolve identified discrepancies. Compile/analyze data and prepare reports based on identified discrepancies including individual performance and vendor performance scorecards. May perform special projects.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Respond to inquires from internal and external parties and coordinate with more senior staff and other internal parties, as necessary, to ensure activities related to one or more pre/post foreclosure areas are completed timely and accurately, in compliance with applicable guidelines. Assist in resolving escalated and sensitive issues and reduce negative reputational exposure.
- Receive collection issues from assigned business unit(s), input into appropriate systems and monitor and track through to full resolution. Update systems regularly to insure most recent collection activity is tracked.
- Participate in discussions with business unit(s)/vendor(s), as necessary, via in-person meetings, phone calls and emails to resolve escalated or time sensitive collection issues and address questions related to processes/guidelines and related impacts. Maintain partnerships and facilitate open dialogue.
- Participate in process improvement activities for the business unit(s)/vendor(s) by suggesting ways to realize process efficiencies based upon feedback and observations. May assist in the implementation of new or revised processes and procedures.
- Study, review and measure processes and guidelines of assigned business unit(s)/vendor(s); examine documentation and flow of work through systems and identify gaps.
- Perform special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2 years of related experience
- Ability to independently manage and prioritize a portfolio.
- Ability to professionally interact with internal and external parties of all levels.
- Detailed oriented with a collections mindset
- Mortgage experience preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Please note: This position will span a pre-defined duration .
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 15 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...