JOB TITLE: Delivery Driver – Class A FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: Transportation/Asheville, NC JOB CODE: DEL109
REPORTS TO: Transportation Manager
DATE: February 2012
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Efficiently deliver produce to customers, process paperwork accurately, follow driver safety rules and provide professional customer service .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Run routes efficiently, meeting or exceeding designated route times
- Delivers efficiently and accurately product in customer location
- Call in when customer does not receive their entire order (shorts)
- Call in mid way through route to customer service and dispatch to check in
- Handle company equipment properly, follow written driver safety rules, and perform pre-trip inspection
- Report accidents and injuries at once and/or any damage to equipment
- Handle any customer complaints professionally
- Responsible for upkeep of vehicle at the end of shift
- Work overtime if required as requested by the Supervisor
- Good attendance and adherence to work schedule
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- No DUI convictions
- Maximum of 3 points on MVR
- No chargeable accidents in the last 5 years
- Knowledge of delivery area
- Ability to work independently
- Proven ability to communicate articulately in English and perform simple arithmetic (experience in handling money preferred)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school degree or equivalent
- 1 year route delivery experience or applicable background driving.
This position requires the ability to frequently lift up to 50 lbs. during the shift, infrequent lifting up to 80 lbs. Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck. Frequent bending, squatting, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to work in confined spaces. Must pass federal Department of Transportation Physical Exam requirements and obtain DOT certification.
This Job Description is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time without notice. I certify that I understand the job description, I possess the above qualifications, and that I can perform each of the above functions with or without an accommodation.
Fresh produce is the ingredient for success at FreshPoint. The company is one of the largest foodservice distributors of fresh fruits and...