Praxair Distribution Southeast, a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 250 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services & technologies is seeking a Driver (CDL A) to join our team located in Jacksonville, FL.
Praxair Drivers are responsible for safely and efficiently operating a local route delivery vehicle to deliver hard goods, cylinder gas and associated products to customer locations.
The Driver role at Praxair Distribution, Inc. is physically demanding (will be responsible for loading/unloading at client sites) and requires attention to detail and a strong commitment to safety. Praxair Drivers also must be willing to communicate and cooperate with customers, respond to their needs, and safely operate delivery vehicle in compliance with company and DOT Guidelines.
- The Driver provides a high standard of Customer Service while delivering various size and packages of compressed gas cylinders
- Driving 3-4 days per week, other activities include; product delivery, pumping, cylinder handling/processing, shipping orders/ paperwork, vehicle inspections
- Responsible for counting and recording quantities and styles of product delivered and picked up to ensure accurate paperwork for customer transactions
- Completes Hazardous Material shipping orders papers in accordance with DOT/TC Regulations
- Placard vehicle according to required hazardous material regulations and PDI standards
- Conducts and reports pre-trip and post-trip inspections noting and explaining defects or deficiencies to supervision
- Identifies need for repairs and/or maintenance to vehicles and is accountable for ensuring the maintenance or repairs are accomplished with a minimum of disruption to the operation
- Operates a variety of equipment and regularly interfaces with both internal and external customers
- Have at least two years driving experience.
- No preventable accidents, license suspensions, or moving violations in the past 3 years
- A current medical examiner's certificate
- The appropriate license for the type of vehicle to be operated and the applicable endorsements: CDL A with Hazmat, tanker, and air brakes.
- High School or G.E.D. is required.
Praxair is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
Praxair - 19 months ago
Praxair makes lighter than air and heavier than air gases available for practical applications. The largest North American industrial gas...