The Class C Driver drives trucks to pick up and deliver donations, and transports processed goods to retail stores safely and on time, and in a manner that maintains and promotes Goodwill's positive public image. Full-time with benefits.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
POSITION TITLE: Truck Driver- Class C
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB: Operates trucks to pick up and deliver donations, and transport processed goods to retail stores safely and on time, and in a manner that maintains and promotes Goodwill's positive public image.
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: None.
RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Operates vehicle in compliance with all state and federal regulations.
• Loads truck by appropriate means (forklift, etc) according to guidelines.
• Picks up and delivers donated materials according to safety and donation guidelines.
• Picks up and disposes of trash from ADC's and stores.
• Performs daily inspection of truck equipment and supplies, per inspection checklist.
• Follows Goodwill reporting procedures for accidents, unsafe vehicles, or other unsafe conditions.
• Reports to supervisor the general condition of the ADC's, stores, stop sites, and reports any inconsistencies or inadequacies observed that, according to Goodwill guidelines, do not promote a good public image.
• Safeguards the property of Goodwill Industries.
• Completes necessary paperwork according to DOT and department guidelines.
• Maintain vehicles in a clean and neat appearance.
• Assures first aid and fire extinguisher for vehicles are adequate and work properly.
• Conducts self in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
• Adheres to all company policies.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned.
• Requires a regular Class C license.
• DMV record with no preventable accidents or moving violations for the past three years, and no convictions for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or reckless driving. Report must be acceptable to GIRE's insurance carrier.
• HS diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to speak and understand English.
• Previous truck driving experience preferred.
• Ability to interact well with co-workers and the public.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Present a clean and well-groomed appearance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Driving truck. Exposure to all weather conditions/elements. Frequent interaction with the general public, including donors, customers, and clients. Frequent exposure to moving/mechanical machinery.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Frequent sitting, standing, walking. Continuous climbing, lifting, bending, stooping and grasping. Gross manual dexterity. Frequent pushing and pulling. Ability to lift 50 pounds frequently and maneuver heavier weights using proper lifting techniques and safety equipment. Vehicle travel. Visual skills required.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Assistant Manager, Transportation