Location: Walnut Elementary
Reports To: Building Principal
Terms of Employment:
Part Time, up to 34 hours
Salary: PI or PII, $9.76 or $11.80
Nature and Scope of Job:
To provide clerical, technical and student support to individual classrooms and supplemental interventions for students.
1. Operates computerized circulation system for patron usage of library materials.
2. Assists in the preparation of materials for student, teacher, and classroom use.
3. Shelves returned and new materials.
4. Assists students and faculty in usage of media equipment.
5. Assists in the supervision of students when in instructional areas.
6. Assists students in usage of computer software and online programs available in computer labs.
1. Prepares and displays bulletin boards as directed by classroom teacher.
2. Operates media copy machine.
3. Performs any other daily duties as assigned, e.g. fill in for secretaries, playground, lunch, and hall duties; attends meetings, etc.
EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL DUTIES OF THIS JOB
Knowledge, Skills land Mental Ability:
Knowledge of personal computer operations.
Knowledge of media machines, such as television monitors, video tape recorders, video discs, etc.
Ability to enunciate clearly and communicate positively throughout the work day.
Ability to follow and successfully complete both oral and written directions.
Ability to work with many people at one time.
Ability to work with people of various personality types.
Possess sound emotional judgment.
Possess basic filing, record keeping, and clerical skills.
Minimum Requirements (Education, Certification, Experience or Formal Training)
High School Education or Equivalent
Computer knowledge essential
Word processing skills essential
Video Disc Player
Digital finger strength necessary to type on a heavy setting.
Lower back strength to stand and walk throughout the day.
Upper body strength to lift 25 pounds and carry more than 50 feet.
Ability to push mobile units of 50 pounds more than 1,000 feet through crowded hallways.
Ability to stoop and retrieve materials and supplies.
Ability to reach over head to retrieve materials and supplies.
Ability to hear ordinary conversation.
Ability to see computer and television monitors clearly.
Ability to see and read various types of printer materials.
Be able to spend most of the work day in one area
Be able to tolerate noise up to 90 decibels
Be able to tolerate silence for periods of time.
Occasional exposure to weather extremes.