Promotes development, production and sale of air cleaning and control equipment for Matheson to business and industrial establishments or customer's place of business by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LOCATION AND HOURS OF WORK Typical hours for this position are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday LINWELD's David Breslow Training Center located in Waverly, NE. This is a full-time position that does require a considerable amount of traveling.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers on sales floor or by phone.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares some sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Installs and repairs air cleaning and control equipment at customer locations.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Works with LINWELD branches to promote the sale of air cleaning and control equipment.
- Provides technical assistance (service) regarding equipment for branches.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Attends trade shows.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related field from four-year college or university;
- One to two years electrical and/or mechanical experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors, clients, customers, employees and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid Driver's license.
- Hazardous materials training and certification.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear (e.g. phone calls, talking with customers).
- The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel (e.g. installing air cleaning units, computer work).
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms (e.g. moving equipment).
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds (e.g. office materials, boxes of brochures) and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (e.g. air cleaning equipment).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability adjust and focus (e.g. reading electrical diagrams, computer work, driving).
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts (e.g. air cleaning and control equipment); high, precarious places (e.g. installations at customer sites); fumes or airborne particles; extreme hot and cold (e.g. customer sites); outside weather conditions (e.g. traveling); and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally loud (at some customer locations).
- Ability to work independently as well as with others.
- Ability to concentrate for extended periods of time.
- Ability to proficiently display computer software skills with programs such as Windows and AS400 functions.
- Ability to negotiate with customers.
- Ability to effectively use hand and small power tools.
- Understanding of air movement and ventilation systems.
Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc. - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard