TWO-WEEK INTERNAL POSTING
Descriptive Title: Cleaner (1 FT evening position)
Budget Title: same as above
State Classified Position
Department: Operating Room
State Line#: 16162
Campus: Stony Brook-University Hospital
Required Qualifications: No education or experience requirements. Must be physically able to perform heavy physical labor and be able to understand and carry out written or oral instructions. Must be able to speak english.
Brief Description of Duties: Participates in operating room turnover to prepare room for following surgical cases; duties include but are not limited to:
- Picks up and removes hazardous articles which may be on floors, furniture, and equipment and places them in designated receptacles.
- Removes all waste from operating room.
- Suction canisters, including Neptune devices, are removed appropriately.
- Washes floors and equipment as needed including OR beds and surgical lights and booms; walls, kick buckets, glass cabinets, positioning devices.
- Changes bed linens.
- May set up equipment in assigned areas.
- Adheres to all Infection Control and regulatory agency standards.
- All other related tasks as assigned.
- Floor work and terminal cleaning as needed.
- Cleans support space, PACU, locker rooms, waiting room and offices.
Other Duties: All other duties as assigned.
Special Notes: Shift: 1 Full-Time evening position - 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm -Thursday through Monday. Please note Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment.
This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
Please note: Prior to start date , the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine Employee Health Services, clear a background investigation; submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of the required license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Stony Brook University
- 2 years ago - save job