Headquartered in Louisville, KY and ranked among the top carriers in the U.S., Mercer Transportation has earned a reputation as one of the nation's leading owner operator companies. For over thirty years, Mercer has built a family of contractors on the foundation of honesty, professional freedom and experience.
Mercer is an irregular route carrier that operates an owner operator fleet of more than 2,000 trucks with no company-owned equipment. Primarily, Mercer is a truckload carrier of general commodities, offering flatbed, stepdeck and dry van services. Our logistics system operates with authority for the continental United States, Canada and interline contracts into Mexico.
Shift is 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
RESULTS STATEMENT: Performs janitorial and maintenance responsibilities to maintain clean buildings and maintain orderly condition. Performing heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
General Duties and Maintenance:
1. Clean building floors and stairways by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
2. Gather and empty trash. Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
3. Cleans and services restrooms. Maintains an inventory of cleaning and toiletry supplies.
4. Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, and fixtures using both step and extension ladders.
5. Replaces light bulbs and fuses.
6. Loads and unloads supplies, and moves heavy furniture and equipment using dollies,
handcarts or power equipment.
7. Dusts such items as blinds, furniture, file cabinets, and windowsills using treated dust
mittens, cloths, or hand-cleaning items.
8. Polishes furniture, metal work, and chrome using appropriate cleaning and polishing
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, or mental and/or physical disability.
Newly hired and newly promoted employees serve in an introductory period of fixed duration as the final step in the selection process to demonstrate their ability to perform the work.
Compensation and Benefits:
Mercer offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits programs provided to all eligible employees; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave, medical insurance, life insurance, long-term disability and voluntary optional insurances. These plans are subject to change at the discretion of the company.
City of Louisville, KY - 9 months ago
Mercer offers a wide range of human resources-related consulting, investment management, and outsourcing services for companies around the...