20-30 Hours during Football Season, 15-20 outside of Football Season.
1. High School Diploma
2. Ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
3. Ability to take direction both written and verbally from management.
4. Ability to communicate clearly (orally and in writing) with mechanical staff, administrators, supervisors, vendors, etc.
5. Attention to detail, timeliness, and organizational efficiency
6. Must be self-motivated, driven, and willing to look for work outside of direct orders from management.
1. Acquiring major in Sport Management, Kinesiology, or Business Management.
2. Desire to learn all areas of Athletic Facility Management.
3. Excellent leadership and communication skills.
4. History of accountability/responsibility in previous positions.
5. Able to work Nights and Weekends
85% - Office Tasks -- Receptionist functions, providing initial customer service, error-free record keeping, filing, copying, routine typing: word processing, drafting/editing student schedules, and/or data entry, basic cashiering, and other duties as directed by management.
15% - Student Laborer: Assisting student laborers in daily operations upkeep, delivering material arrivals and other duties as directed by management.
Athletic Facilities is a unit of Intercollegiate Athletics whose mission is to provide safe and competitive facilities to the University community and to its stakeholders.
Student positions are a form of financial support while pursuing an education at the University of Minnesota.
All applicants must apply online and attach a resume and cover letter. Email Derek Hillestad (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions. Applications are due by January 15th, 2014.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
Does this position require a background check?