Assists the Evening/Weekend Administrators of Academic Support Services by providing clerical support.
Works under the supervision of an Evening/Weekend Administrator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists Evening/Weekend Administrators in administering the activities of Academic Affairs during evening and weekend hours.
2. Word processes reports and other material from rough draft or straight copy according to standard procedures.
3. Gives information to the public by telephone or in person where familiarity with moderately complex requirements or procedures is essential.
4. Performs miscellaneous clerical work as required, such as answering phones, maintaining files, operating office machines, requisitioning supplies, distributing mail, etc.
5. Attends regular meetings with staff and appropriate committees.
6. Maintains excellent communication with the Secretary to the Dean for Library and Academic Support Services to ensure the provision of high quality academic support services to evening and weekend faculty and students.
7. Actively supports the teaching and learning process; works to create and support a student-centered environment.
8. Works actively with other areas of the College to ensure a spirit of college wide collaboration, collegiality, civility, and teamwork.
9. Embraces and supports the principle that "diversity is everybody's business" through the daily performance of duties and responsibilities.
10. Provides flexible, responsive and high quality customer service to all whom we serve, be they students, community, or staff, and continuously assessing processes and procedures to revise according.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Basic computer literacy including word processing and e mail.
2. Work experience using general office skills.
3. Customer service experience.
4. Evidence of ability to work independently.
1. Associate's Degree
2. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Access.
3. Two years of clerical experience.
4. Work experience in an educational institution.
$10.00 per hour. 12 hours per week during Fall, Spring and Summer sessions on evenings when classes are in session. Additional hours may be available during faculty evaluation periods. No Benefits.
Current position available:
Mondays: 3:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Tuesdays: 3:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Quinsigamond Community College - 10 months ago