Performs a variety of clerical, customer service, and administrative duties to support the Transportation Department
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Enters and complies driver data to submit for payroll processing.
• Maintains all driver’s D.O.T. files and ensures they meet company requirements. Monitors renewal of driver’s licenses and physicals.
• Enters data into various systems and generates required reports on a regular basis.
• Reviews receipts from drivers and submits requests for expense reimbursement.
• Communicates with freight carriers, Members and drivers to obtain information or resolve issues.
• Other duties or special projects as assigned.
• Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performs a variety of tasks.
• Works under general supervision; typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
• High School/GED Diploma or equivalent work experience is preferred
• Ability to read English and write legibly in English, and perform arithmetic functions, to the extent necessary to handle paper work, electronic equipment and written communications.
Type and Years of Related Experience Required:
• Minimum of one year customer service and office clerical experience.
• Keyboarding / data entry skills.
• Experience with MS Word and Excel.
• Good oral, written, & telephone communication skills.
• Must have good organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to perform multiple assignments while meeting assigned deadlines.
• Ability to learn new functions, processes and methodologies.
• Must successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen
• Must successfully complete and pass pre-employment reading and math skills tests which test ability to accurately perceive numbers, perform basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division); ability to solve basic mathematical problems; and ability to read and comprehend English.
• The work is typically sedentary in nature, but requires normal accessibility to all work sites required of the position.
• The position occasionally requires extended hours, weekends and holidays.
• The position is typically working within the climate-controlled areas of the general offices. However, the position, on occasion will be required to visit area where air conditioning is unavailable and may be exposed to chemicals that are routinely present in the Company’s warehouse facilities.
• Normal physical mobility, which includes movement from place-to-place on the job taking distances and speed into account.
• Normal physical agility, which includes the ability to maneuver body while in place.
• Normal physical strength to handle routine office materials and tools.
• Normal physical strength to handle and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, taking frequency into consideration.
• Normal dexterity of hands and fingers.
• Normal coordination, including eye-hand and hand-foot.
• Normal endurance to complete the essential functions of the position.
True Value - 18 months ago
True Value Company is one of the world's largest retailer-owned hardware cooperatives. With about 4,500 independent retailers and an...