Supports the office/department tasks within the Customer Access Center (CAC) under the general supervision of the Associate Director of the CAC.
- Updates unit operational reports, meetings, conferences, and travel arrangements and monitors and expedites progress.
- Maintains comprehensive files and records systems for a large and/or complex unit, which may include confidential materials
- Greets visitors, answers telephones an relays calls and messages to the appropriate staff members
- Handles inquiries, request and/or problems with the Building Manager.
- Prepares data of the call activities using various categories on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and year end basis.
- Compiles and organizes information of recurring VPHA reports.
- Updates documents for overall completeness and accuracy of information, maintains the department organization chart, seating chart and other required office documents.
- Maintains the attendance records, vacation and sick time accruals for each hourly employee. Creates a file in date order the Request Forms for requesting time off.
- Orders, keeps inventory and distributes supplies for the department.
- Maintains printers, fax machines and their supplies for the department.
- Sets up desks and computer needs for new employee, i.e., supplies and system requirements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Any one or any combination of the following types of preparation:
a. work experience performing routine clerical/secretarial work, including use of computer systems
b. college of university coursework in Office Occupations, Business Administration, Business Education or closely related fields
c. vocational training which provided a knowledge of generally accepted clerical procedures comparable to that gained in “b” above
d. college or university coursework in any curriculum
that totals 1.0 unit according to the following conversion rates:
18 months of “a” = 1.0 unit
24 semester hours of “b” = 1.0 unit
12 months of “c” = 1.0 unit
48 semester hours of “d” = 1.0 unit.
1. Excellent interpersonal/public relations skills.
2. Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
3. Knowledge of UI Health customer service protocols, AIDET Communication fundamentals, and service recovery strategies.
4. Excellent organizational skills
5. Ability to prioritize work assignments and meet established deadlines.
6. Knowledge of UI Health organization, programs and services.
To Apply : For fullest consideration, please complete an online application by clicking the Proceed to Application button below AND submit an Exam Request for H69689 - DB .
The application must include all work experience, detailed job duties, start and end dates and whether the position was part time or full time.
Additional documents can be electronically attached to your online application through the " Documents" link on the Civil Service Employment application (Part 1). Be sure to select the appropriate document type before uploading the document.
If an application and exam request are not submitted by the close date, the applicant/employee will not be considered and the exam request will be denied.
Transcripts/Licenses/Certifications MUST be uploaded within the application, hand delivered, or mailed directly from the institution to:
University of Illinois at Chicago
Recruitment and Staffing
Human Resources Building Room 109
715 S. Wood Street M/C 862
Chicago IL 60612
Attn: H69689 - DB
For fullest consideration, the above mentioned requirements must be submitted no later than May 8th .
All information submitted will be thoroughly evaluated and verified.
To view the status of all your exam requests, pending test dates, scores, and current register positions online, just go to https://jobs.uic.edu . Log in and click on "C ivil Service Activity" .
We appreciate your interest in employment at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to Job Board